PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us, our Services, and the requirements of applicable law. We primarily collect information that you provide to us or that we obtain automatically when you use our Services.
Information You Provide to Us Directly
We may collect the following personal information that you provide to us in your communications to us. More specifically, we may collect your contact details, such as name, email address, affiliation, and title, along with any messages, forms, fields (such as “Area(s) of Interest” on our newsletter signup), or “free-text” information you provide us.
Information Collected Automatically
We may collect personal information automatically when you use our Services:
- Automatic Data Collection. We, or our third-party partners, may collect information about you automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user agent string (e.g., browser or device information), user settings, actions taken on the Services, browser or device information, location information (including approximate location at derived from IP address or, as applicable, as otherwise allowed via your consent through the device’s operating system), and Internet service provider, primarily for purposes such as analytics, security, targeted advertising, and otherwise providing more streamlined/optimized, personalized, or relevant features and functionality on the Services. This information is collected via various technologies, such as pixels or cookies, or server logs, which, in each case, may be provided by us or our third-party partners.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for a variety of business purposes, as described below.
Legitimate Business Purposes
We use your information for various other legitimate business purposes, such as:
- Pursuing our legitimate business interests such as research and development (including marketing research), direct marketing or advertising, network and information security, and fraud prevention;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- Answering requests for customer or technical support or otherwise corresponding with you;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services;
- Developing or refining new or current Services;
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
- Authenticating and verifying individual identities;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors or issues with our Services;
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions, and other compliance activities;
- Enforcing our agreements, policies, and intellectual property rights;
- Complying with our legal obligations or otherwise establishing, exercising, or defending legal claims;
- De-identifying your information or aggregating your information with other information for purposes of analytics, marketing, or other legitimate business purposes; and
- Any purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or as otherwise permitted by you via your consent.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We disclose your information to third parties to assist with the business purposes set forth above.
Disclosures to Provide our Services
The categories of third parties with whom we may share your information are described below:
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers who use that information to help us to provide our Services. This includes service providers that provide us with IT support, cloud hosting, customer service, analytics, targeting advertising technologies, and related services.
- Business Partners. We may share your personal information with business partners to provide you with Services you have requested. We may also share your personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer Services.
Disclosures to Protect Us or Others
We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store that is associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction or any due diligence relating thereto.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Your Privacy Choices. The privacy choices you may have about your personal information are further described below.
- Email Communications. You can use an “unsubscribe” (or similar) link found at the bottom of a marketing email to opt out of receiving future emails. Note that you will continue to receive transactional or administrative emails regarding the Services.
- “Do Not Track.” Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Targeted Advertising. We use pixels, cookies and related tracking technologies to serve ads for goods or services that may be of interest to you, to personalize your experience on our Services, or to serve ads on third party websites including by retargeting you based on your actions on our Services. You may stop or restrict the placement of third-party cookie technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your device permits.
More broadly, the online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, the European Digital Advertising Alliance, and the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada. Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using our Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to, the United States or the United Arab Emirates, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Services are not directed to children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided personal information to us without your consent, you may contact us as described below. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of applicable law, we will delete any personal information we have collected, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it.
Third-Party Websites and Applications: The Services may contain links to third-party websites or digital properties, including those of our business partners (collectively, “Third-Party Digital Properties”). Likewise, these Third-Party Digital Properties may reference, link to, or integrate with our Services. In each case, these Third-Party Digital Properties third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies and terms of service of each Third-Party Digital Property with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen, or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of any Third-Party Digital Properties. Providing any information to Third-Party Digital Properties, both within or outside of the Services, is at your own risk.